As part of the Gaetano Marzotto 2031 Award, Torino Social Impact brought its collective and multidisciplinary dimension to the selection committee for business ideas with a social impact, alongside authoritative subjects such as Anya Capital, Be-Come, Human Foundation, Katapult, The ConduitConnect e Toniic.
Thirty sustainable social impact startups applied for the first edition of the Special Social Impact Prize 2030, created to support businesses and business ideas that address the issue of inequalities within and between nations.
Specifically, the startups assigned were analysed by a pool of IST partners representing the various public, private, financial, technological and specialist components. In particular: Città di Torino, Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo, Fondazione Sviluppo e Crescita CRT, Impact Hub Torino, Nesta Italia, Open Incet, Fondazione Torino Wireless, 2i3T, I3P, Social Fare ed il Comitato Imprenditorialità Sociale della Camera di Commercio di Torino.
Six of them made it to the finals:
- Diadem, a manufacturer of an in vitro diagnostic test for Alzheimer’s disease;
- Endelea, an ethical fashion brand that sells online clothes and accessories created in Tanzania;
- 3Bee Sustainable Pollination, a decision support system for beekeepers that uses IoT, AI algorithms and satellite photos;
- Dinehome, designed for cultural exchange between families and international students through shared dinners;
- Feed their minds, the platform to support gifted children and their families;
- IntendiMe, a device to improve the quality of life of deaf or hearing impaired people.
The final of the Gaetano Marzotto Prize will take place on November 19th. The choice of the neighbor was entrusted to a jury composed of Mursal Hedayat (founder of Chatterbox, the platform that transforms refugees into language teachers), Giovanna Melandri (president of the Social Impact Agenda Foundation), Sophie Robé (creator of Find Impact), Joe Colombano (the Turinese man who helped write the UN 2030 goals), Johannes Weber (director general of Ananda Impact Ventures).