The EU-funded project SoTecIn Factory just launched its first open call for social innovators with €3.3M for individuals & organisations, as civil society members, developing tech-driven solutions based on circular economy and social innovation in textiles, food, water & nutrient and plastics & packaging key industry value chains.
The Open Call 1 will award 25 European social innovators with up to 15,000 EUR for their ideas as solutions to circular challenges in the context of the specific project Mission (either a concrete problem proposed by the applicant or selected from one of the circular challenges coming directly from industry).
From this group, 15 innovators will engage in a pre-market technological demonstration with additional funding support of up to 85,000 EUR.
Besides equity-free funding, the beneficiaries will receive additional support in training, mentoring, and peer-to-peer engagement and pilot development, as detailed down below.
The benefits will be:
- SoTecIn Factory grants up to €100K (equity-free)
- Pre-market technological demonstration
- Capacity-building for social entrepreneurship & circular business support
Who can apply?
- Individuals as part of a legal entity
- Single organisations
- Consortium (Individual/Single organisation + Challenge (owner) that is not listed in Annex B) are eligible for this call
- Entities legally established/resident in the European Union or Horizon Europe Associated Countries
Target value changes?
- Plastics and packaging
- Food, water and nutrients
The deadine for application is 28 September 2023, 18h CET
Find out more on the SoTecIn Factory website.