Wonder is promoted by the Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo to develop design projects that generate innovative solutions and services capable of responding to social needs in the area, taking up the challenge of green transition.
Within the framework of the Mission to Create Attractiveness of the Culture Objective and the Mission to Accelerate Innovation of the Planet Objective, the Compagnia di San Paolo Foundation launches the call for proposals Wonder. Experiments in design for social innovation.
Torino Social Impact and Circolo del Design are Wonder’s partners. As part of the path of the call, launched in June 2021, Torino Social Impact has contributed to its implementation by providing expertise and knowledge in the field of innovation and social entrepreneurship, participating in the analysis of issues and objectives, coordinating in collaboration with partners capacity building and support activities aimed at the entities involved.
In particular, the call aims to:
- contribute to the positioning of Turin as a place of production and contemporary creativity in the field of design and as a model of the ecosystem of innovation for the common good;
- promote a high level of “liveability”, understood as a synthesis of the three key principles of the New European Bauhaus: beautiful, sustainable, together;
- to encourage, through capacity building and matching, the hybridization of skills, communication and collaboration between creatives, cultural enterprises and third sector entities that intend to generate social innovation;
- strengthen the connections of the world of design with the different areas of the community: welfare, health, urban regeneration, education, environmental sustainability, etc.;
- stimulate a proactive reflection and vision on the challenge of green transition among the actors of the ecosystem of innovation for the common good.
The Call for Proposals was developed in two stages.
The first phase required the submission of an expression of interest, respectively and independently advanced by non-commercial entities operating in the territory of Turin and designers (freelancers, associated studies, companies, cooperatives, and associations) from all over Italy.
The second phase involved the presentation of projects developed by the non-commercial entity in collaboration with the designer, as the result of a process of capacity building and matching coordinated by Circolo del Design and Torino Social Impact and the subsequent design process.
- LIMES by Cooperativa Il Margine e Print Club Torino
- FRASSATI FOODPRINT by Cooperativa Frassati e Studio Shift
- GYGA – Green Young Gaming Ambassadors by Generativa! APS e Bomberos Design
- Cortili in Azione by Architettura Senza Frontiere Piemonte Sheldon.studio
This call participates in the achievement of the SDGs.
8. Decent work and economic growth
9. Business innovation and infrastructure
11. Sustainable cities and communities
12. Responsible consumption and production
13. Fight against climate change
17. Partnership for the goals